Tuesday, December 19, 2006

New Stuff

Hurray! Pippa, Gracey and I went to the yarn shop this morning, and we all bought some things for our new projects! I bought new bamboo needles, and also four balls of beau-ti-ful deep red alpaca yarn to knit my warm winter scarf with! There were lots of other great colours and kinds of yarn I liked, such as the porridge coloured chunky Scottish tweed. Pippa said I shouldn't buy it because it made her feel hungry :) I just got started on my scarf, but I really have to get used to the messy texture of the alpaca wool...it's a bit loose, and so different from regular wool. It feels very soft and cuddly though, and I am absolutely in love with the colour! The bamboo needles are very nice, but I have to get used to them as well, as I've only been knitting with metal ones until now. (And my new needles are also thicker than the old ones.) New experiences all round, but very nice ones :P I'll get knitting now.

Molly

No comments: